High Tech Elementary School welcomes volunteer participation in our school. There are many opportunities to volunteer and to actively participate in the educational program. Research indicates many positive outcomes for children when parents and community members volunteer. We welcome you to High Tech Elementary School and thank you for your willingness to partner with us in providing an excellent educational program. Your involvement helps build a school community that emphasizes humanity, perseverance, love of learning, creativity, inclusiveness and accountability. Thank you for your time!
- P. E.
How do I become a Volunteer at HTES?
At High Tech anyone who is interested in volunteering must complete the following in order to volunteer in the building
- Complete the online application for background checks to Volunteer Services must be submitted every three years.
- Review the 2018-2019 High Tech Elementary DPS Volunteer Handbook .doc for the current year
- Review the 18-19 High Tech Elementary Volunteer Orientation
- Complete the online quiz and sign the confidentiality agreement in Google Forms
Once you have completed the process detailed above you will be notified by email from the HTES Office staff that you have been cleared to volunteer. We will also notify the classroom teachers that you are available. Once you have received your email from the office staff, please feel free to contact the classroom teacher to let them that you are interested in volunteering.
What are the HTES Volunteer Commitments?
The High Tech Team is committed to:
- Welcoming volunteers
- Informing them about their task
- Providing materials and resources
- Encouraging their initiatives and celebrating their efforts
- Will treat volunteers with respect and gratitude
HTES Volunteers commit to:
- Serving as a positive role model
- Respecting school rules and procedures
- Performing assigned tasks to the best of their ability
- Flexibility, understanding, and leadership when unexpected situations arise
- Working cooperatively with all staff and seeking clarification when necessary
- Treat all students, staff and community with respect
- Maintain Confidentiality of students, staff, and families
What are the Responsibilities?
- Room Parents
- Classroom Assistance
- Supporting art projects
- Teaching an area of skill (art, music, speech, etc.)
- Filing and paper-work
- Decorating bulletin boards
- Reading stories
A volunteer operates in a position of trust. Personal information pertaining to students must be kept CONFIDENTIAL, as well as conversations between parents, teachers and students. It is your responsibility to notify the teacher, or administrator in charge if you have concerns about a student or if you are unsure as to what should be done. Confidentiality is taken very seriously and a breach of confidentiality can affect your volunteer status.
Always direct other parents’ concerns to the classroom teacher. It is a breach of confidentiality to discuss students with others. It is the school’s responsibility to inform parents of student progress.
Parents cannot take pictures of students other than their child to post on social media. We ask that parents who have pictures to share of school events, submit the pictures to a school staff member or through our High Tech Elementary School App for staff to review prior to posting on school sponsored social media. This will ensure that only students for whom parents have granted permission are pictured on social media.