To help students develop leadership skills, HTES has formed a Student Leadership Team composed of interested 4th and 5th graders. Students who want to serve on the team submit an essay and recommendations from two teachers.
The team meets every week and is focused on being a positive force in the school by planning educational activities for students and community service events.
The High Tech Elementary School Student Leadership Team will participate in various activities to grow as leaders, promoting the core values of our school, which includes; Humanity, Perseverance, Love of Learning, Creativity, Inclusiveness, and accountability.
Meetings – 20 minutes a week during lunch recess
- Learn about leadership dynamics as a cohort and promote our school values: Humanity – Perseverance – Love of Learning – Creativity – Inclusiveness – Accountability
- Help with Bulletin Boards to promote Core Values (e.g. Kindness Trees)
- Help generate anti-bully posters, presentations, and contracts throughout the school
- Provide help with “Restorative Practices” when possible
- Act as ambassadors for new students
- Attend School Expos
- Lead younger students during our Project Based Learning Block
- Generate Money/Time/Food – Collectors Care – Birthday Boxes for Families in Need – www.collectorscare.org.
Our student leadership team is currently doing a fundraiser. Watch our HTES Newscast to learn more about how you can get involved: