- Specific academic aptitude (reading, writing math, science, social studies, and world language)
- Specific talent aptitude (visual or performing arts, musical, dance or psychomotor abilities creative or productive thinking and/or leadership abilities)
- General or specific intellectual ability
The individualized instruction in our Gifted and Talented Program prepares participating students to take advantage of advanced academic opportunities in middle and high school. We place students in project- based learning groups, which are taught by qualified classroom teachers and supported by our school’s Gifted and Talented specialist. Other current research- and teaching-based models are also incorporated into classrooms to provide a differentiated, challenging learning experience. Learn more about the GT Committee.
Gifted Education & Challenge Opportunities at HTES:
At HTES we are thrilled to have so many students whose reading and math skills are advanced beyond their current grade-level. Here are the programs we implemented to enhance and further develop our opportunities for students to be challenged.
- Jr. Great Books groups to ensure challenging reading groups for students at every grade level.
- Challenge/Accelerated Math Groups for assessing and identifying students ready to excel at their grade level.
- Expanded After School Enrichment options for our students to pursue a variety of interests and/or talents.