The High Tech Elementary School mission is to successfully blend a project-based learning environment, a rigorous 21st century curriculum and a high standard of excellence. We are committed to providing an environment that emphasizes learning as an interactive process. We focus on every student’s individual needs to ensure that all students succeed. We strive to develop critical thinkers who are caring, confident and lifelong learners in a diverse community.
Learning at HTES is grounded in a technology-enhanced, personalized, project-based approach. All students are immersed in the learning process through exploration, discussion, and reflection. Students, think, work, and create something together that demonstrates a new understanding. We foster in our students a joy and passion for learning and the development of important qualities including integrity, character, fairness, and accountability. The curriculum is rigorous, yet developmentally appropriate, providing a strong foundation for success. Students build upon what they learn in preparation for the next grade.
- Humanity. We ensure all children feel safe, loved, and valued.
- Perseverance. We embrace our mistakes and encourage one another to work through challenges; we grow from success and learn from failure.
- Love of Learning. We celebrate an environment that actively cultivates a lifelong love of learning.
- Creativity. We cultivate a learning environment where ideas come to life and imagination runs wild.
- Inclusiveness. We celebrate our community, honoring unique perspectives and ideas of everyone.
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and decisions.